Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dukes Nose !!

Everyone likes to go for trekking in the monsoon season and I am no exception :) :)
There is one such trek which I cannot forget for the rest of my life and I am sure all my friends who were together for this trek also feel the same :) :)

The trek I am talking about is Dukes Nose !!
Last year in the monsoon season, all my friends from my company decided to go for the Dukes Nose as nobody from our group had been there before :) For a change all of us agreed to go to Dukes Nose........and we all started with the preparation for the weekend trek...
One of my childhood friend has been to many of these places many times, so I thought of asking him about Dukes Nose.He told me that we need to go to Khandala and wakl for 15-20 mins before the trek actually starts.....he also told that we can take help from some of the local boys to guide us.
All our preparation was done ans we all started on a wet Saturday morning......We reached Khandala on the expected time.We asked some local people abt how to go to Dukes Nose and everyone tried to show us the best possible way......
So we started climbing.......the mountain was too good and we were enjoying the nature's company......there was no crowd whatsoever....we didnt see anyone on the way to the top....
After couple of hours which included some breaks for snacks, we finally managed to reach the top and were very proud of our achievement !!
There were couple of villagers who were collecting some wood......we asked them where is the Dukes Nose ?? and the answer we got left us in a shock......
That person pointed to a mountain infront of us and told that "thats the Dukes Nose mountain"
we just didnt knew how to react !!! we had climbed the wrong mountain !!!!!
and there was no way we could climb the 'correct' mountain after this because we all were very tired and in no mood to climb another mountain :( :(
we climbed down the same mountain and decided to visit the Dam in lonavla :) :)
This adventure has become a laughter source for all of us.....whenever we remember this incident we just cant stop laughing !!!!!

No comments: