Monday, August 20, 2007

Chak De !!

Saw the SRK Starrer Chak De for the sceond time yesterday :)
Let me make it very clear that I am not at all a fan of King Khan...but I do like some of his movies including Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa,DDLJ,Swades and now Chak De :) :)
Rest of his movies can be easily ignored :) :)
Coming back to Chak De........I loved that film !!! Hats Off to the director for executing the rare subject so nicely !! I am saying this because in the recent past many good stories were made into bad films :( :( Hats Off to Shimit Amin for extracting gr8 performances from each and everyone (including SRK) . I thought SRK was just too good in this movie !!
Handling the subject like the Women's Hockey would have been a real tough job but Shimit Amin has made a full justice to the storyline (which is non-existent in many movies).For a change Yash Raj Films produced a really fresh idea :) and the credit should go to Aditya Chopra :)
A gr8 story line, executed to the perfection by the director and awesome performances by each actor gives the film a gr8 look and the film touches the heart effortlessly.I dont think there are many movies where the public is clapping so much in a theatre :) :)
No unneccessary songs,no romantic angle,no glamour (except for SRK) and no overdose of patriotism( I hope J.P Dutta is listening) but still a Masterpiece !!!
Shimit Amin is the one who initially assisted Ram Gopal Verma and then went on to direct a film called Ab Tak Chhappan starring Nana Patekar(Which was also a watchable film)
I am really thankful to god that nowadays we are getting the opportunity to see a movies with some new ideas :) :)
I hope this trend continues and we keep on watching some really nice films :) :)

No comments: